Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mothers


This is three generations and two mothers. I think of the importance of our mother, is often not really known for many years. We just think they are supposed to be there and do whatever.
I think of my mother today with a totally differnt outlook. When I was a mother at 16 . My mother baby sit her grand daughter , but I had to pay her a daily amount ,also pay all the utilities bills. This may seem harsh . My mother expected me to act like an adult be a mother myself and take care of me and my child. I thought how could she. What she taught me was that she believed in me that she knew I could take care of both of us.
My mother never had it easy she had 9 children 3 died. but she kept us together and feed us.
She had a very hard life. Only today can I truly say what a great woman she was . I honor her as a caring mother .

5 comments:

  1. It's so true. I only now realize what my mother really means to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I know the two of you had your differences but I loved her very much. She was always wonderful to me and alway made me feels so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia, I'm so glad you remember your grandmother that way. I'm sure you made her feel loved too. Feel good about that.

    ReplyDelete